These are the Mapmakers' Wishlists from around the world, collected from our network's Green Map Profiles. Click on the name of the person submitting the ‘wish’ to explore more details about their project and for contact information.
- We need a transportation vehicle to follow up the local groups.
- We want to have computers, internet and email access.
- We want to publish our workshop and community maps.
- We want to make video clips about good practices.
Funding for coordinator post.
New in flora icons to allow a forraging map to be produced and for more identifyable tree types in Orchard Cardiff map.
To be recognised by the council.
Equiptment to help outreach work
Ipad or selection of smart phones android or iphones for digital mapping walks.
Large scale maps of Cardiff Wards to allow physical mapping exercises.
Free use of city Libraries for groups to map sites.
The Mapmakers would like help building a fish farm that will provide locally-grown food, jobs and training in ecological management techniques.
Also, the Tororo Green Map Project are in need of some assistance to help us implement the Tree Planting Project.
More people interested in mapping.
We would love the help of a data-capturer and as with all voluntary organisations, we're in need of funding - especially so that we can turn our online version of the Joburg Green Map into a printed version.
Funding is always welcome, as are volunteers!
volunteers, government agency contributions and collaboration
Our daily activities include creating new outreach and mapmaking resources, supporting project leaders and mapping new pathways toward vibrant communities at this particularly difficult moment in human history. Green Map System's incredibly diverse network strives to meet all needs in a sustainable, equitable and effective manner as we challenge conventional views of our world and involve our communities in meaningful action for a better tomorrow.
Please let us know how you - or someone you know - can help us accomplish our important sustainability-related goals.
Our Wishlist highlights program priorities for which we are seeking support:
- Communication tools, planning and development
- Regional Hub development
- Capacity building for Green Map projects in low-income communities
- Developing our ‘Open Green Map’ digital worldview project
- Regional and international Green Mapmakers exchange meetings
- Youth Green Map program development
- Decentralized leadership development
Financial support helps us tremendously, but we also welcome other kinds of support, both for ourselves and for our locally-led projects around the world.
Specific in-kind ‘wishes’ include:
* Printing services and paper
* Airfare or travel miles
* Ads/links in printed and digital publications
* Marketing and communication services
* Computers and software
* Carbon Offsets
* Volunteers and internship
* Outreach to new communities
* Research projects on our impacts and best practices
* Introductions to new funders and supporters
The list on the right is the Mapmakers' Wishlists from around the world, collected from our network's Green Map Profiles. Click on the name of the person submitting the ‘wish’ to explore more details about their project and for contact information.
Thank you very much for your contributions towards a greener, more vibrant world.