These are the Mapmakers' Wishlists from around the world, collected from our network's Green Map Profiles. Click on the name of the person submitting the ‘wish’ to explore more details about their project and for contact information.
The Craik Green Map should be revised to reflect recent changes in the area, particularly in the development of the eco-village. It is also hoped and expected that this will someday become part of a mapping project of a larger surrounding region between Sakatoon and Regina.
- We need a transportation vehicle to follow up the local groups.
- We want to have computers, internet and email access.
- We want to publish our workshop and community maps.
- We want to make video clips about good practices.
The Mapmakers are building a fish farm and seek help for it. It will provide locally-grown food, jobs, and ecologicial management skills. Income will help support the next edition of this Green Map.
We'd love to have the resources to update and print this map again!
Ensure maximum participation, involving partners that enable us to help finance the project, and that the tool becomes strategic and useful at a city level.
Volunteers and support to help us build the online version, open to additions from the community.
More Flora icons and colour to better differentiate between fruit types
Funding support to turn this project into a social enterprise
Our daily activities include creating new outreach and mapmaking resources, supporting project leaders and mapping new pathways toward vibrant communities at this particularly difficult moment in human history. Green Map System's incredibly diverse network strives to meet all needs in a sustainable, equitable and effective manner as we challenge conventional views of our world and involve our communities in meaningful action for a better tomorrow.
Please let us know how you - or someone you know - can help us accomplish our important sustainability-related goals.
Our Wishlist highlights program priorities for which we are seeking support:
- Communication tools, planning and development
- Regional Hub development
- Capacity building for Green Map projects in low-income communities
- Developing our ‘Open Green Map’ digital worldview project
- Regional and international Green Mapmakers exchange meetings
- Youth Green Map program development
- Decentralized leadership development
Financial support helps us tremendously, but we also welcome other kinds of support, both for ourselves and for our locally-led projects around the world.
Specific in-kind ‘wishes’ include:
* Printing services and paper
* Airfare or travel miles
* Ads/links in printed and digital publications
* Marketing and communication services
* Computers and software
* Carbon Offsets
* Volunteers and internship
* Outreach to new communities
* Research projects on our impacts and best practices
* Introductions to new funders and supporters
The list on the right is the Mapmakers' Wishlists from around the world, collected from our network's Green Map Profiles. Click on the name of the person submitting the ‘wish’ to explore more details about their project and for contact information.
Thank you very much for your contributions towards a greener, more vibrant world.