1. Understanding the current situation of urbanization and planting in Hefei rural-urban fringe
Through the research on Hefei rural-urban area and the contrast of, cases outside and inside the fringe, a garden-city program can be strongly developed and be performed. In the meantime, it also assists the whole team member get a general idea on the temporary urban-city planting and urbanization process.
2. Calling for the public awareness of building a garden-city and a necessary reasonable reconstruction toward rural area
With the painting of Gangji primary school and its surrounding environment, Dashu mountain scenic spot and Hefei botanical garden, and the relevant questionnaire at the later period in this research process, improve the resident’s environmental conscious and help the Hefei government and planning agency discover various problems arousing from the progress of urbanization, and offer the local authorities some practical solutions.
On the one hand, news media calls increasingly individual to pay their attention to the environmental problems along with urbanization process and urgent rational reconstruction and city programming. On the other hand, it infuses a sense of a green-city concept and promotes more and more people joining this building work.
3. Broaden members horizon and develop professional knowledge
1) Due to most of the participants in our group major in urban planning management, through this type of research activity, everyone can comprehend their career field better and even more, because of environmental element displayed in the project, to some extent, participants can put forward such idea in their afterward study and work. Hope everyone can achieve their goal---become an urban and rural planner.
2) Strengthen member’s environmental awareness. Our team members are able to perfect their understanding of protecting ecology after spot research and lots of data analysis.
3) Strengthen the ability of communication between team members themselves and the outside world. In this research, we have two off-campus partners; that’s GMS and Friend of Nature (Beijing). In the following time, we will contact the government authorities in Gangji town (progressing now). Meanwhile, our group plan to reach television broadcasting station and ask sponsors when all the preparation work completed. This whole activity require possessing of a great cooperative and communication ability,