Open for new Collaboration and Innovation
Our nonprofit, Green Map System, Inc. has re-licensed the once-copyrighted Green Map Icons, v3 for use under the Creative Commons BY-NC-SA license (+CC).
Attribution - NonCommercial - Share Alike
This Creative Commons 4.0 license means you can freely use the Green Map Icons on non-commercial projects of any kind, adapt and share them provided that you give credit to Green Map System and share your project as described below. Reciprocity from any income-generating project is expected. Our +CC: for any commercial or non-conforming usage, you must contact us in advance for permission.
Green Map's icons and selected engagement tools are licensed under the Creative Commons, as detailed here. We encourage you to include, reprint or otherwise use our work under the terms below the list of what you can create.
Credit: Green Map System Icons, CC BY-NC-SA +CC
Within the Creative Commons 4.0 parameters, you can share and adapt our icons and tools to create many more types of projects, as demonstrated by the Projects to create Green Maps, experiences, education, consulting, planning processes, technologies, tools, design goods and media :
As per the license, you are free to:
- Share — copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format
- Adapt — remix, transform, and build upon the material
- Attribution — You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.
- NonCommercial — You may not use the material for commercial purposes.
- ShareAlike — If you remix, transform, or build upon the material, you must distribute your contributions under the same license as the original.
- No additional restrictions — You may not apply legal terms or technological measures that legally restrict others from doing anything the license permits.
- Creative Commons 4.0 United States License, allows additional requirements as a +CC. Green Map System adds: For any commercial or non-conforming usage, you must contact us in advance for permission.
You may copyright your own Green Map, for example, as long as you include the credit for Green Map Icons as shown below. Read the full license terms here. CopyFair (a new license in development) for commercial usage is under consideration, so those who benefit contribute in the spirit of mutual aid.
Access to our Logo
The Green Map logo is trademarked in the United States, the European Community and Taiwan. This trademark is not licensed under the Creative Commons, and the trademark is retained by Green Map System. You may request a limited license using the form below.
This is a one-year license has automatic renewals unless terminated in writing by Green Map System. Our policy may change without prior notice. Generally, if you are using our icons and tools for positive projects, as per the perimeters above, you may use the name Green Map.
How to Credit Material from Green Map in publications
In order to cite Green Map System, we suggest that you use this citation format, or similar.
Green Map System (2017). Author: Janet Felsten, Baltimore Green Map: Discover. Enjoy. Learn. Take Action. Retrieved June 2, 2017, from Green Map System’s Impact Book, page 31-32: http://GreenMap.org/impacts
Credit: Green Map System Icons, CC BY-NC-SA
Right Use Policy
Non-Commercial Use: Permission is granted to use and copy Green Map documents for any non-commercial use, subject to the following restrictions:
The above notice appears on all copies and documentation.
The name "Green Map System" shall not be used in any advertisements or publicity programs without specific permission.
Commercial Use: Any commercial use of documents on this website will require a license and a fee. Under no circumstances can any files be altered or distributed without specific written permission.
To contact Green Map System:
email: info @ greenmap.org
Phone: +1 212 674 1631