Green Map's engaging tools bring people together!
The locally-led process can lead to a shared understanding and a new vision through which a greener future can be shaped.
When you include diverse voices in the mapmaking process, it can be a game changer, and can lead to much more than expected! Be open to new ideas that develop as a result. Everyone brings something different to the table, whether it’s knowledge, a skill, a connection, a resource or purely enthusiasm. Over time, it will all fit together and make your project remarkable and impactful.
Placemaking and Green Map Icons and methods go together, providing direction and systems-thinking to engaged planning and participatory projects of all scales. Whether the icons are used an inventory tool, a signage system, a guide book or to highlight a student's first mapping project, their lively, friendly appearance draw people in and help them decide where to go and get involved directly.
Books, Guides and more!
Here, you can quickly explore featured tools, some created in-house, others contributed by Green Map Makers around the world.
- Mapping our Common Ground, 3rd edition can be downloaded free at bit.ly/MCG-pdf. Coproduced by Canadian, Cuban, Brazillian and US Green Mapmakers (Launch photo below features co-author Maeve Lydon at the Budapest Living Knowledge Fest, May 2018)
- 4Bs Hive Guide to making Green Maps in English, in German, in Chinese
Created by European Green Mapmakers with Mobility funding in 2011
- Green Map Impacts, updated in English, and the original Japanese edition, created by Green Map Japan, Aichi Green Map and Green Map System
- Style Guide is designed for printed Green Maps, download in English
- Products have been created using printing (including 3-D printing), rubber stamps, sticker sets, and more
Image top: The 4Bs Hive guide; Mapping our Common Ground, v3, launched at the Living Knowledge Fest, May 2018; our team reviews the Style Guide in 2006; Green Map Atlas; Icon stickers on an Indonesian Green Map; traveling exhibition - some of these resources were initiated at our first Bellagio summit.